Director and Professor of Earth Sciences
160E Orton Hall
125 South Oval Mall
- Ph.D., University of Kansas
My research involves a variety of topics in paleobiology and stratigraphy:
- diversification of life forms during the early Paleozoic
- biomineralization in early animals
- fossilization processes and exceptional fossil preservation
- the relationship between climatic change, sea level change, and biotic change during critical intervals of geologic history
- methods of global stratigraphic correlation
Graduate students, undergraduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and guest researchers commonly work in these or related research areas.
Sample recent publications illustrate a sampling of my recent research.